- Cet évènement est passé
Translation Studies and the Digital Humanities
décembre 9, 2019 @ 8:00 - décembre 11, 2019 @ 5:00
The final decades of the twentieth century witnessed the birth of the digital age. Now, almost twenty years into the twenty-first century, we are still only beginning to grasp the full meaning of this revolution in information storage, retrieval, and analysis. First ‘humanities computing’ and now ‘digital humanities’ are umbrella terms used to describe a wide variety of methodological and technological approaches to all facets of the humanities.
This conference aims to explore the extent to which translation studies has already embraced the digital, showcase exciting and original research, expand our digital horizons by learning about the work of practitioners in other areas, and discuss possible pitfalls and shortcomings of digital approaches.
- Digital spaces of translation
- Digital Humanities approaches to translation studies
- Digital challenges to analog thinking in translation studies
- Imagining the digital future of translation: translation in science fiction
- Translation and digital media: productio, circulation, conservation
- Digital resources for translation research
- Digital pedagogies in translation and interpreting training
- Digital Humanities and multimodal approaches to translation